Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Angry Atheist is angry

Zzzzzz
O hai interwebs
So today was interesting. Got up after hitting the snooze for about 40 minutes, got breakfast, packed my running crew cloths and headed out for acting. I had to do my skit today which involved about 10 lines back and forth, A being a stuck-up and B being royally pissed at A and thus leaving at the end. I’m still mildly worried about this class, simply because I’m not comfortable in front of the stage. I still get a queasy feeling in my stomach whenever I’m on stage in a bright light. Guess I’ve been a techie to long. Still, Shelia said I did a good job and was impressed by my performance. I think the class was a well. Perhaps I won’t fail this class ^_^. Then it was time for the Angry Atheist class. Oy ve. I finally stumped him today. He started going off on how we don’t really think, thus making us no different than animals. Because we spend the majority of the day eating, pooing, sleeping, or in other ways trying to stay alive, we don’t spend much of the day truly thinking/creating. When one person pointed out that we spend much of our lives on the computer writing and composing work, he said that we don’t truly know what is going on, we are simply a computer using another computer. If we understand how a computer works then perhaps we may learn something from it. To me, this is complete and total bull. I asked if we go on that theory, then does that mean that unless you understand how paper and ink are made, how the printing process works, how a book is bound then, and only then, do we learn something from reading? He just looked at me and walked away. I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with him. Much of my life is reliant on faith. I sit on a chair, I have faith that it won’t crumble beneath me. When I use a computer, I don’t have to know how it works to know that it does work. I hit a key, the corresponding letter/command shows up on the screen. I don’t have to know the inner workings of the compute, the wring, how the screen works/why certain things show up/how they show up to appreciate the computer. The same thing goes for God. I don’t know his exact plan for my life is but I know that he knows what he is doing. And that is good enough for me. As long as God has a plan, I can go along with it without having to know exactly how it will work or why it will work or even if it will work. This may be the main issue with the Angry Atheist. He has no faith. Perhaps if he were to learn some then he could relax without being so angry. Oh well. All I can do is pray for him and hope that one day he meets my father. And I have about five feet of bullet proof glass between those two and myself. The main reason I want to see a fight between the two is because dad is the most well informed person on religion I know. The AA is very well informed and gets upset when we don’t know the exact fact or figure. I truly think that dad could give him a run for his money.
After getting out of the AA class without killing him, I went over to LTC and got my self-eval forms, aka, I be dyslexic so I need more text time/use of ze computer for EVERYTHING forms. I have some tests coming up so I need those to prove I’m not faking it. Then I went to the blend and got a peppermint hot chocolate but I think they forgot to add the coco powder… woops. So instead of stereotypical hot chocolate, I got very warm milk, peppermint extract, and whipped cream. It was much more yummy than I thought it would be. Not as good as hot chocolate, but still tasty. Then I got lunch/breakfast (cos I kinda didn’t really eat anything this morning…) but I didn’t eat enough with my pills so I had an upset stomach but I’m all betters now. So I’ve just been chilling in KU from 3:00 because I’m a lazy bum who didn’t want to go back to my room. I’ll probably head back stage after I post this and take a nap until call. The only homework for this weekend is my history of flight paper and to work on my 10 costume designs from the Tempest.
So long interwebs

No comments:

Post a Comment